Brian Wert
Building Inspector

726 E Highway 12, Suite 105
Hudson, WI 54016
Phone: 715.386.5410
Cell: 715.760.0027
Dept of Commerce Lic. #70609


In this section you will find many resources to help you along with the building process.

There are links to required permits for contractors, energy code links and forms, erosion control links and forms and the Uniform Dwelling Code as well as frequently asked questions regarding the UDC.

You will also find specific building requirements and contact information by clicking on any of the municipalities below. There are also links to different county and state departments that you may find useful.

You may also find many of our most commonly asked questions on our FAQ. If you have searched through this site and still have questions, feel free to contact us.

Information and Forms

  • Required Inspection Types (Detail) - View Page | PDF

  • Dwelling Contractor Financial Responsibility Certification - MS Word | PDF

  • HVAC Contractor Registration - MS Word | PDF

  • Wisconsin Uniform Building Permit Application - Online | PDF
    Note*: The WUB Permit Application must be download to your computer before it can be filled out and submitted.

  • Erosion Control Worksheet - PDF

  • Energy Code Links & Forms - Link

  • Hudson Setbacks - Link

  • Hudson Code Book - Link

  • Pool Requirements:
  • Town of Hudson - Link
  • Town of Troy - Link

  • Residential Decks Information Sheet - PDF

Uniform Dwelling Code

Town of Hudson Setbacks

Dwellings and Attached Structures


Highway 35 -----> 150' from center
Highway 12 -----> 150' from center
County Roads -----> 133' from center
Town Roads -----> 133' from center
Subdivision Roads -----> 83' from center


All Lot Lines -----> 25'
If rear lot line is a road use the same setback as above.


All Lot Lines -----> 10' with 25' between buildings
If side lot line is a road, use the same setbacks as above.

Auxiliary Buildings


Same as above


All lot lines -----> 3'
If rear lot line is a road, use road setback.


All lot lines -----> 3'
If side lot line a road, use road setback.

Energy Codes